Financial Controller Vacancy at Bradfield Consulting, August 2014
Bradfield consulting is a professional service firm created to provide human resource solutions for organizations of any size. Our goal is to help our esteemed clients eliminate issues bordering on having incompatible or inexpert employees.
Our partnership begins from attracting the right employees, settling them well at work and ensuring that they are equipped to deliver on your goals. Our culture of seamless collaboration enables us to go well beyond recruitment; it facilitates and influences business relationships toward value creation. This collaborative culture of problem-solving enables us to add greater value to our clients than many others.
Bradfield Consulting is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Reports To: GMD
Job Level: Officer
Collaboration: Administration, Operations and General Services Departments
Oversees the day to day activities of the finance team and ensures the companies finance function is organized and efficient and produces accurate financial and management accounts.
Key Tasks And Responsibilities
- Management of the finance function and overseeing the finance team.
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows.
- Assist the Executive Director and the Board Treasurer with financial reporting as required at Board meetings and the Annual General Meetings and provide advice to support the decision making process.
- Participate as a member of the Finance Committee.
- Manage the bookkeeping function, using the accounting package that will be provided.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts; and mange cash flows.
- Maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes
- Preparation of Monthly Consolidated P& L and Balance Sheet.
- Cash management and treasury duties.
- Ensuring that the appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained.
- Overseeing the payroll process.
- Preparation of VAT returns.
Competency And Technical Skill Requirements
The Prospect must demonstrate:
- Strong moral and ethical foundation to disclose potentially illegal the knowledge of the criminal and unethical business practices or data
- Team working skills with the interpersonal skills to establish and maintain the effective working relationships.
- Assertiveness and have strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of computers and different accounting packages/software used by the organization.
Education: Degree in accountancy, fully qualified ACCA/ICAN/CIMA with previous financial control and management reporting experience
Experience Required: 7-9 Years
- Motivational but also challenging
- Highly developed leadership and general management skills
- A strong lateral thinker whose natural default is to create and/or encourage innovative solutions to challenges and problems
- Keen intellect and strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and pursue solutions swiftly
- Energetic, enthusiastic and a measured risk-taker
- An effective and authentic communicator, both orally and with the written word
Remuneration Salary Very Attractive
Method of Application
To apply, please send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 18th August, 2014