Research Administrative Manager Needed At IITA in Nigeria 2014
IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of tropical nations. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture.
We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidates for the position of Innovation and Communication Specialist at its Headquarters in Ibadan.
Job Title: Research Administrative Manager
Job Location: Lagos
We are seeking an innovative and energetic individual to manage the laboratory-based activities related to Aflasafe, with the following primary responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and supervise all laboratory-based activities related to aflatoxin biocontrol in Ibadan (sample processing, staff organization, supply management).
- Plan, prepare draft and finalize research protocols in consultation with scientists.
- Ensure quality of laboratory and, where needed, field experiments.
- Responsible for maintaining database of all research results.
- Assist in training of students, staff and national program personnel.
- Lead processes and protocols for import and export of biological samples
- Responsible for the development of a cataloguing system for samples and isolates.
Other responsibilities are:
- 1. Collect, analyze and interpret data and prepare reports in a timely manner.
- Work with non-governmental organizations and community based organizations to disseminate technologies for disease management, particularly for aflatoxin biocontrol.
- Liaise with private sector partners, farmer organization, extension services and NGOs to create public-private partnerships for linking farmers using aflatoxin management practices (including AflaSafe) to value-added markets.
- Prepare promotional material, draft popular articles for web-based knowledge, dissemination, update new IITA Aflasafe website with relevant materials.
- Assist in preparation of manuscripts and grant proposals. 6. Assist in preparation of technical reports for submission to donors.
- Help in liaising with collaborators internally within IITA and externally in other organizations. 8. Assist in the recruitment of the right quality of personnel in consultation with the Human Resources Unit for position in the unit.
- Responsible for the management of project documents in consultation with scientists and administrative units.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor
Minimum Qualification & Experience :
- MSc. degree in Plant Pathology/Microbiology/ Environmental Technology/Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology or other related science discipline.
- At least 5 years working experience, of which three years in a managerial role.
- At least 3 years experience in a research laboratory dealing with microbiological or chemical analysis
Skills And Abilities:
- • Strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills.
- Experience systematically following up on project deliverables.
- Excellent and proven management, organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability to build and work in teams.
- Experience with working with private sector, government and non-governmental organizations.
How To Apply:
Click here to Apply online