External Communications Officer Job at MTN Nigeria 2014
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: External Communications Officer (Media & Communications)
Job Location: Lagos
- Assist in developing, executing and managing corporate communication plans, programs and activities towards the generation of adequate levels of public awareness about MTNN and its operations, in local and international markets and ensure a professional corporate image is maintained.
- Provide support in all aspects of MTNN’s nationwide media relations’ strategy, including handling media queries, media interviews and press conferences.
- Maintain effective working relationship with mass media representatives in order to enhance the overall presence and perceived relevance of MTNN Corporate Affairs in the media arena.
- Assist in developing wide corporate communications structures and systems that enable the effective dissemination and collation of information from stakeholders (including electronic medium –websites, periodic newsletter, newspaper, etc).
- As directed, assist in developing media briefing documents for Corporate Communications Department, which include pre-briefing meetings and assist in the distribution of related news and articles.
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with senior media representatives both locally and internationally on behalf of MTNN, interacting with MTNN Senior Management on broad media relation issues.
- Take editorial responsibility for the company’s website, and other corporate communications tools, developing top line key messages and ensuring positive media publicity is uploaded in the relevant channels.
- Review media reports in relation to MTNN’s services and offerings, including newspaper reports, press releases, signing ceremony, customer forums, etc.
- Analyze and evaluate the outcome of media relations programs and recommend approaches for enhancing the effectiveness of media interactions as required.
- Conduct frequent outreach visits with media outlets nationwide to establish personal contacts and keep them informed regarding MTNN services and contacts.
- Normal MTN working conditions.
- Occasional travel
Experience & Training
At least four years experience in media management in a world-class company, Multinational or Agency, two of which should have been at supervisory level.
- Media relations
- Crisis Media Management
- Public relations.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should Click here to apply
Deadline: 25th August, 2014