Resource Intermediaries Limited Vacancies,August 2014
Resource Intermediaries Limited – A company registered in Nigeria to engage in outsourcing services. The conceptual definition of the company is “easing your business burdens”, which is the fundamental reason for our existence. In living this definition, we focus on three key areas; Human Resource Recruitment & Management, Janitorial Services and Business Support Services (Legal and Company Secretarial Services, Information Technology and Finance & Accounting).
Our client in the Hospitality Industry requires the services of:
Job Title: INTERNAL CONTROL OFFICER
Job Location: Lagos
- Maintain a procedure necessary to verify the accuracy of all revenue and adjustment posting.
- To investigate all complimentary rooms, market code statistics report,Miscellaneous and Adjustment vouchers, managers’ checks, rate discrepancy, balancing of all interface system and the accuracy of the Managers Report.
- To ensure that all revenues are correctly posted into the PMS system and accurately reported in the General Ledger.
- To check the Trial Balance daily.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review Night Auditors logbook every morning
- Review and verify daily revenue report and daily foods & beverage report with supporting vouchers and trial balance
- Distribute daily reports after obtaining financial controller’s approval
- Review rate variance report, to ensure the correct rate is applied
- Review the city ledger and credit card transfers of the day, to pass the same to accounts.
- 10 % – Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Hotel Accounting Department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- 10 % – Prepare the monthly financial statements “MFS” in accordance with international hotel industry standards according to generally accepted accounting principles, Company policy where appropriate and to comply with local Law and Regulations.
- The MFS (Monthly Financial Statements) are to be prepared to accurately reflect all transactions which have occurred during the period being reported upon. They are to contain all the necessary accruals and adjustments to reflect the transactions as they have occurred. The FC is not allowed to adjust accruals or prepare other adjusting journal entries for the specific purpose of altering actual financial results in order to comply with budget or forecast results. Such misrepresentation is a violation of Hotel policy and as such is subject to reprimand or termination.
- Prepare periodic internal and external reports required by the General Manager and Managing Director and/or Company Officers, the annual budget and any other financial reports that may be required.
- 10% – Maintain adequate systems of internal control to effectively safeguard the assets of the Company and to assure that all transactions are properly reflected in the books and records of the hotel.(Knowledge of Opera PMS & Micros POS Mandatory, Accounting Software Familiarity also mandatory)
- 5 % – Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various Hotels Accounting sub-departments, such as Accounts Receivable & Payable, General Cashiering, Income Audit, Payroll and Cost Control, Night Audit,Chief Cashier, Outlet Cashiers, Retail, Computer Systems, Stores and Receiving, Credit and Purchasing, etc.
- 5 % – Execute the provisions of any management agreement or operating lease agreement.
- 5 % – Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the personnel in the Accounting Department. Plan and administer a training and development program within the Accounting Department which will provide well trained employees at all levels and permit advancement for those persons qualified and interested in career development. Prepare position descriptions; conduct regularly scheduled employee meetings, etc.
- 5 % – Coordinate with the Company legal department on the negotiation, execution and delivery of operating contracts and agreements for the Company. www.nigerianbestforum.com
- 5 % – Timely preparation, filing and payment of all government taxes, as appropriate.
- 10 % – During the course of business, remain in contact with, assist and cooperate with various individuals including but not limited to the following: Company Executives, various hotel’s Management and employees, internal auditors, external auditors, risk management advisers, government offices such as tax, revenue, etc., and vendors.
- 5 % – Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all Accounting Sub Departments to achieve the budgeted goals.
- 10 % – Implement effective control of all costs food, beverage, labor, supplies, equipment, etc., among all Hotel Sub-Departments. Insure proper use, maintenance, repair and storage of Accounting supplies, equipment and facilities. Insure proper stock levels are maintained.
- 5 % – Assist all Managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality, service, safety, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
- 5 % – Regularly review and evaluate the degree of customer acceptance of the individual outlets, to recommend to management new operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply dissatisfaction by the guests, a material change in the makeup or the guest market, or a change in the competitive environment. Revise existing programs and create new ones in order to maintain Corporate’s position as the leader in accounting operations
- 10% – Develop with the aid of the various Managers, the operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles, e.g. budgeting, forecasting, purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control, report preparation and presentation, etc.
- Minimum 3/5 years experience.
- Must be able to administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Must be able to identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Must be able to allocate human resources, ensuring appropriate matches between personnel.
- Must be able to provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Must be able to perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with under staffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Must be able to advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Must be able to analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Must be able to plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Must be able to serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Must be able to plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Must be able to analyze training needs to design employee development, language training and health and safety programs.
- Must be able to maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
How To Apply:
Deadline: 27th August,2014.