La Fayette Microfinance Bank Limited Latest Vacancies,August 2014
La Fayette Microfinance Bank recently received the Approval-in-Principle from the Central Bank of Nigeria to carry out microfinance services in Oyo State. La Fayette MFB will be headquartered in Ibadan, the State’s capital. The Company will be incorporated in June 2012 and is expected to start operations in December 2012. La Fayette’s lead shareholder will be Advans S.A. with an equity investment of $3.1 million (501.0 million naira). IFC and KfW are each investing $1.1 million (174.5 million naira), while FMO is investing $940,000 (150.0 million naira).
Within 5 years, La Fayette Microfinance Bank will reach 19,900 active loans in year 5, for a EUR 17.6 million gross loan portfolio, and slightly less than 40,000 voluntary deposits, representing a total of EUR 5.3 million. There will be a total of 400 staff at the end of year 5; 349 in the branch network, and 51 at head-office. Loan officers will account for 43% of total staff.
The Client Officer is responsible for processing the loans, monitoring the loan portfolio and developing the Advans La Fayette MFB loan clientele. He/she will also be responsible for developing the savings and deposits portfolio for the target groups.
The client Officer will spend more than 60% of the time on the field by performing visits to clients in commercial areas.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Degree, Higher National Diploma (preferably in the following areas: management / accountancy / banking & finance / economics / marketing)
- Good relationship and communication skills, strong team spirit
- Analysis skills
- Good computer skills
- Real motivation to work and grow in a challenging context
- Taste for fieldwork
- Practical knowledge of micro / small / medium businesses
- Knowledge of microfinance bank sector is a must
- Writing skills
- Knowledge of the local languages, especially yoruba