Vacancies at the United Nations Development Programme,August 2014
Under the direct supervision of the Team Lead- Project/Partnerships Coordinator, the incumbent will be primarily responsible for providing administrative and financial support to the project activities in the Project/ Partnerships office in Abuja, to ensure smooth delivery of the ECOWAS/ EU/ UNDP project. He/she will also provide technical support to the team lead in the coordination of Steering committee meetings of the project.
The incumbent will work in close collaboration with the UNDP operational office in UNDP Nigeria to deliver on project results and ensure prompt reporting in line with the programme and partnerships agreements.
Job Title: ADMINISTRATIVE/PROJECT FINANCE ASSOCIATE
Job Location: Abuja
Summary of key functions:
- Supports formulation of project implementation plans for the ECOWAS/EU project on Small Arms including annual and multi-year work plan focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection, analysis and presentation of background information for preparation of project reports and briefing and effective application of RBM tools.
- Presentation of background information for formulation of, draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Provides effective support to management of the project focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Creation of required project entries in Atlas, preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project.
- Provision of guidance to the implementing partners on routine implementation of projects.
- Presentation of information for audit, supports implementation of audit recommendations.
Provides administrative support to the Project focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Review of NEX Financial Reports; preparation of non-PO vouchers for the projects as required.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed; transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for project as necessary, register of goods receipt in Atlas.
- Making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers. www.nigerianbestforum.com
- Supports resource mobilization focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile.
- Track and serve as reporting monitor for the project progress and financial reports to all donors
- Report on additional resources mobilized by the project in the course of implementation.
- Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions in Atlas.
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the project and CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the partners on the project.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in the Justice and Security project.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Impact of Results
- The key results of the post are coordination the efforts of the respective pilot countries in the MRU and Sahel to deliver significant reduction in the proliferation of Small Arms and Light weapons and substituting them with concrete development interventions which affect livelihoods positively; and strengthening of the existing NATCOMs to perform their functions in accordance with the provisions of the ECOWAS convention.
- Core Competencies:
- Solid understanding of the work of UNDP
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to perform effectively within a multi-cultural work environment.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Capacity to prioritize and deliver tasks against tight deadline.
- Ability to participate effectively in a team based, information-sharing environment, to collaborate and cooperate with others.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities as required by the demands of the work.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively across different constituencies.
- Excellent command of English as demonstrated both orally and in terms of writing skills.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Educational Requirements:
- Secondary Education, with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance. University Degree in Finance, Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience is required. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems and ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation is an advantage. Knowledge of EU and ECOWAS procedures is an advantage.
- UNDP Accountancy & Finance Test required
- Knowledge of IPSAS required
- Language Requirements:
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station
How To Apply:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Deadline: 3 September, 2014