Baker Hughes Job in Nigeria for a Field Specialist – Drilling Fluids, August 2014
Baker Hughes is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Field Specialist Drilling Fluids
About This Job
- As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities to people who want to grow and build their careers in our high-performance organization.
- Operating in more than 90 countries and employing more than 50 000 individuals in fields such as drilling and evaluation, completion and production, as well as fluids and chemicals, we continuously strive to develop our people through ongoing commitment to learning and performance improvement.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive operational and practical knowledge of all Company equipment on location.
- Mentor all Junior (trainee) Fluids Engineers on location.
- Report on all chemical, consumables and spare part usage, inventory control on location.
- Request for replenishment of all stocks to the onsite Supervisor. Track all equipment inspection certificates and arrange recertification as required.
- Ensure full compliance of company’s expectations on HSE&S is adhered to at all times by yourself and all members of your team.
- Provide clear and concise daily mud reports.
- Carry out all field related Lab test work as per clients’ requirements prior to processing implementation.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 6 years’ experience on a drilling rig both onshore and offshore,specifically performing Fluids Engineering operations. Deepwater experience will be an added advantage.
- Have a record of Industry Training from a recognised Oilfield Industry establishment. Strong on-site operational knowledge of drilling practices and procedures.
- Be computer literate with a proficient knowledge of mainstream (universal) software packages.
- Fluent and professional communication in English language, both spoken and written.
- Have a proven track record of working safely and effectively using Water base mud and Synthetic/Oil base muds
- Proficient computer navigation skills. Comprehensive knowledge of the oil and gas industry and product line, expert mechanical aptitude. Demonstrated ability to work well and communicate well with others
- Two year Technical Degree.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should
Click here to apply