Head Logistics and Distribution Job at Etisalat Nigeria 2014
Etisalat’s vision is a world where people’s reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel.
Etisalat Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Head Logistics and Distribution
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Responsible for planning, organising and managing the distribution of the company’s products across the country in order to ensure that there is availability of products at any place and time that the customer needs them.
- Facilitate and drive the company’s distribution strategy to deliver a first class supply network for the business.
- Responsible for both inbound and outbound logistics as well as managing all interfaces in between
- Overall responsibility for warehousing including monitoring stock levels, despatches and deliveries, goods in transit, etc.
- Develop relevant policies, processes and procedures to secure the company’s supply chain in line with international best practice.
- Oversee and ensure all logistics-related operations comply with applicable environmental, health, safety, and other regulatory rules and regulations.
- Evaluate and review the company’s logistics operations and business practices, streamline and/or eliminate non-value adding activities.
- Ensure the existence, maintenance, and functioning of an adequate systems of internal controls across the entire supply chain.
- Develop and manage the logistics operations budget and all related fiscal forecasting and planning activities.
- Manage the company’s warehousing and logistics teams, provide day to day leadership, management, and guidance.
- Interface with government agencies including Department of Customs and Excise
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, Operational Support.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Operational Support.
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate / professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- Nine (9) to twelve (12) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a managerial role.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should click here to apply
Deadline: Not Specified