Internal Audit Officer (Male) Job at Stresert Services Limited,November 2014
Stresert Services Limited – Our Client is one of the most diversified insurance companies in the country. Due to continuous growth and expansion, the services of an Internal Auditor have become vacant.
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer (Male)
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
The ideal candidate will assist the rest of the team to provide assurance on the adequacy, appropriateness and effectiveness of the organizations internal control environment and risk management framework.
He will be exposed to virtually all area of the company’s operation hence he MUST be a self -starter, self-motivated, talented and smart!
- Assist with planning internal audit work programmes and setting of control objectives;
- Performance of internal audit fieldwork including closing meetings with management;
- Performs audit engagement in a professional manner and in accordance with the approved work program;
- Support activities related to internal audit assessment, operation risk and execution;
- Prepares audit memos detailing findings/recommendations and assists in the presentation of audit findings/recommendations to management;
- Assist in the recognition of key risk areas, incidents, control issues and assess their impact and recommend actions to enhance control;
- Prepares formal report, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency with which audit activities are carried out;
- Prepare high level monthly, quarterly and Annually audit report;
- Appraises the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions;
- Assist in target review of Life and General Business claims and underwriting for compliance with the company procedures and regulatory requirement;
- Assist in the monitoring of compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements;
- Assistance on other special assignments (e.g. fraud investigations, effectiveness reviews) as and when required.
- Ensure that the key areas of Company’s activity are reviewed within the approved strategic planning cycle.
- Complete Audit Assignment within the target time frame and produce Audit report.
- Coordinate the administrative function for the department as planned
- Reduction in Wastages and cost reduction innovation.
- Presentation of Internal Audit reports within 48hours after audit
- Error free Internal Audit Report
- Number of Innovative ideas, value addition and suggestions
- Preparation of Annual Internal Audit Plan before the end of the year
- 100% Achievement of Internal Audit Plan
- Follow up on audit finding to ensure full regularization
- First degree in Accounting / Finance or any related discipline.
- Partly qualified Professional Accountant (ACA or ACCA) or CIIN would be an added advantage
Skills / Competence Requirements:
- Required Knowledge Skill /Abilities
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience
- High initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrate strong analytical and Problem solving skill.
- Skills in data extraction mining tools such as SQL, ACL will be considered an added advantage
Other Skills Required for the Job:
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business
- Possess excellent report writing skills
- A team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Meticulous and results-oriented, with the ability to strive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in computer environment.
- Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction throughout verbal and written communication; and
- Ability to develop self and others.
- Build strong working relationships with other members of staff, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly;
- N 44, 000 (Net) p / m
- HMO, Staff Bus, Pension
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please forward their CV’s to:email@example.com using ‘INTERNAL CONTROL’ as subject of mail.
Note: Applications not correctly addressed will not be processed. Qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.
Deadline: 10th November, 2014