Maintenance Officer Job at Food Concepts Plc, Nigeria (4 Locations),November 2014
Food Concepts Plc – We are a market leader in the West African food sector with head office in Nigeria. We operate world-class, quick service restaurant (QSR) brands including 65 Chicken Republic outlets and our newest addition – Pizza Republic, as well as, Reeds – a fine-dining Thai fusion restaurant. To facilitate backward and forward integration strategies, the group also comprises Butterfield Bakery Nigeria (includes 9 plant bakeries) and Free Range Farms (a state-of-the-art poultry farm and poultry processing plant).
We seek application from competent and qualified personnel to fill the position of Maintenance Officers in our Butterfield Bakeries across Nigeria.
Job Title: Maintenance Officer
Job Locations: Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja & Benin
The purpose of this position is to perform and/or assist in the preventive and/or corrective and maintenance of the Bakery Equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
To assist in the maintenance and repair of the Bakery’s buildings, equipment and utilities, by performing a variety of general assigned maintenance functions so that problems, failures and breakdowns of the Bakery’s facilities and equipment are held to a minimum.
- Responsible for managing cost of production by working within expense limits established.
- Responsible for maintaining technical inventory (tools, equipment) controls for cost effective operations.
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service as scheduled, diagnose breakdown problems and ensure resolution within a minimal period in order to reduce downtime and ensure equipment availability.
Project/Operational Plan Implementation:
- Schedule and complete the defined Preventative and Predictive Maintenance Program in assigned location to improve equipment uptime and lifespan.
- Responsible for coordinating and ensure prompt completion of all special projects as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- To monitor all work being performed by external contractors and report on progress/completion rate to the Bakery and Maintenance Manager
- First level quality control officer in Bakery Location for all outsourced maintenance related services and installations by ensuring quality products and services are offered ;
- In liaison with the Maintenance Manager, arranges specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components required for equipment or facility maintenance
- Collaborate with the Bakery Manager for planned PMP activities to ensure none or minimal interruption of workflow on the production floor
- Responsible for alerting the Bakery Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
- In collaboration with Bakery Management, Ensures safe and correct operation of Bakery equipment and other company assets.
- Record Keeping:
- Responsible for accurate periodic maintenance reporting as follows:
- To maintain records of scheduled preventive maintenance procedures.
- To maintain complete records and report all mechanical system and infrastructure failures and resolution on monthly to the bakery and maintenance manager.
- To maintain spares inventory register.
Skills, Competencies and Requirements
- Experienced in equipment repairs and maintenance
- Familiar with the equipment specifications, manufacturing models and maintenance Trends in similar business
- Cost Management Skills
- Problem Solving & Analysis
General Management Competencies/Requirements:
Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Minimum of trade test III or C & G/ Ordinary National diploma or equivalent in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 3 years maintenance experience in a Plant environment.
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Logical Mind
- Creative Imagination
- Ability to cope with and work under pressure
- Willing to work flexible hours
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org using job title and location as subject of the mail.
Deadline: 5th December, 2014