Exciting New Vacancy At Society For Family Health (SFH),November 2014
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health, HIV&AIDS prevention, and maternal neonatal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, the British Department for International Development (DFID) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in our organisation. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration. We require competent candidates for the following position:
Job Title: Deputy Manager, Research and Evaluation
- Reporting to the Assistant Director-Research and Evaluation, the successful candidate will be required to lead in Monitoring and Evaluation to implement the projects performance management plan, which includes planning, participating and implementing studies, surveys and all related data and information collecting activities for the project. S/He will implement other monitoring and evaluation training and capacity development activities of the project. S/He will work to strengthen the capacity of CSOs, LACAs and SACAs in HIV prevention. The successful candidate will coordinate the conduct of state specific research and M&E related activities. S/He will ensure that the project data are collected, collated and of high quality.
Minimum Academic/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- Must possess a first degree in Sciences/Medical/Behavioural/Social Sciences or its equivalent in a relevant field.
- Must have minimum of 6 years post NYSC experience in implementing monitoring and evaluation of health and related programmes.
- Must have considerable expertise in mixed-methods (qualitative and quantitative) M&E and research.
- Must possess ability to analyse and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data to inform programming.
- Must be proficient in the use of SPSS, STATA, Epi Info or CS Pro Software.
- Knowledge of DHIS database software will be of added advantage.
- Experience with conducting monitoring visits, utilising checklist and other tools, including ability to develop M&E protocols and tools.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The compensation package for these position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain a talented candidate.
How To Apply:
A one page application letter (using the position reference as subject), addressed to the Director-HR, clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job, current remuneration, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating clearly your valid telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address, should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.