Lead Engineer Projects At AOS Orwell Port Harcourt,November 2014
AOS Orwell, an integrated indigenous oilfield services company in Nigeria offering well construction and engineering services to the oil and gas sector, has the below vacancy for suitably qualified persons to join its team as:
Job Title: Lead Engineer Projects
Job Location: Rivers/Nigeria
- The Project lead will have overall responsibility for the scope, deliverables, schedule and quality of one or multiple projects, based on the assignment.
- Assures projects are completed in a timely, efficient, and profitable manner while maintaining customer satisfaction by scope definition, planning, monitoring, and controlling all project design resources and relationships utilizing AOS Orwell ISO procedural requirements.
- This includes the responsibility for customer satisfaction, improving profit margin, and for overall management of projects from initial conception through project completion. Planning, Scheduling, Measuring, Monitoring & Control of Engineering work.
- Responsible for Integrated Control and Safety System (mainly DCS, SIS, FGS and SCADA as well) Technical/Engineering Management functions and related contractual aspects of Project scope.
- Ensure Technical compliance to the customer & project requirements/specifications and AOSO QMS requirements for the Project scope.
- Manage and mentor the team of engineers assigned for projects and ensure high quality deliverables
- The Lead engineer will have overall responsibility for the technical implementation which includes understanding customer specifications, implementation plan with time lines, ensures complete understanding of customer needs by key personnel, shares information with team members.
- The Lead engineer shall be responsible to prepare WBS and distribution of Task to relevant team members.
- Generating FDS and DDS documentation, leading and directing technical teams on hardware and software design and third party system integration.
- Assist PM to manage the cost reduction, and Change management on projects while improving customer satisfaction.
- Develop Bill of Materials and lead FAT and Site activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Engineering graduate (Electronics/Instrumentation) with 10 or more years experience in Industry with at least 3-4 years of proven track record in Project lead /Sr.Project Engineer functions with strong technical leadership and team building capability, in addition to sound knowledge of Instrumentation and Control Systems design & engineering.
- He should be familiar with Design control, Resource Management, schedule control. The successful candidate is expected to have sound knowledge of DCS, SIS, FGS etc.
- The candidate shall have experience in design, configuration, documentation, testing, installation, commissioning and maintenance of DCS, SIS, SCADA and PLCs/ HMIs.
- The candidate shall be highly IT savvy with knowledge of Project Management tools (MS-Project), Engineering Tools (ACAD).
- The candidate is expected to have a flexible attitude and problem solving skills, be capable of working independently in the project team or with customers.
- He should also have strong communication skills, with experience in working with teams of different cultures.
- Experience with Emerson DeltaV and DeltaV SIS will be preferred. However, candidates with right experience on other DCS and SIS systems will also be considered. Familiar with Design control, and Resource Management, DCS/SIS requirements, Safety system specification etc.
- Familiar with IEC61508/61511, Intrinsic safety, Networking, Communication and Protocols, Foundation Fieldbus and OPC is required.
- Experienced in managing cross-functional/multi-cultural teams, participating in resource planning processes, and human resource development
- A global mindset, preferably having worked with teams in more than one region.
- Leadership, self-starter, with excellent communication skills.
- Highly customer focused, able to influence and negotiate.
- Oversee critical project activities, and effectively delegate and monitor other projects and tasks. Take ultimate responsibility for performance of the team.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of engineers/technicians in fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time sensitive objectives to meet internal customer expectations.
- Proven ability to develop systems level knowledge to effectuate cross-team communication
- Exposure to DCS /SIS software development, database structures, and template development.
- Language: must speak/write business English fluently.
- Experience in implementing complex solutions to the end-user
- Process Industries is a plus.
- Energetic, flexible, pro-active, self-motivated, fast-starter.
- Mature, result oriented individual.
- Creative thinker and negotiator, able to work out strategies, alternative proposals and customer contacts at all levels and at all phases of the project cycle (including pre-sales).
- Proven leadership in an international project environment. Extensive knowledge in the field of Industrial Automation with knowledge of Oil and Gas Industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online
Deadline: 31st December, 2014