Graduate Customer Service Job at Damco,November 2016
Damco is one of the world’s leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group. We are looking for customer service staff to ensure service delivery in line with customer expectations for export customers in Nigeria
Job Title: Export Supervisor
- Ensure service delivery in line with customer expectations for Export customers
- Manage relationship with current customers, and secure additional business/volume with current customers and new customer in liaison with sales department.
- Ensure account receivables are current.
- Supervise the Opening of form M and verify shipping documents.
- Manage written correspondence between OPS department and clients.
- Keep Client updated on cargo status before and after arrival or departure.
- Confirm and verify declarations to advise customer of expected duty amount and HS code (s) used.
- Advice and guide client on queries encountered during verification/examination and discuss/agree on a workable solution.
- Coordinate handling of files between Sales, Operation, and Finance units.
- Ensure Damco delivers the product sold to customers.
- Manage job costing for customers assigned, which includes opening and closing of files.
- Coordinate handling of file between departments and ensure file is handled in a timely manner.
- manage bookings (document status & cost implications for any delays).
Who we are looking for
- A degree in business management, social sciences or equivalent is desirable.
- Minimum 2 year logistics operations experience will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communicator, persuasive and enjoy solving problems.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Proficient in English as well as relevant local languages (verbal and written).
- Minimum 3 year of experience in customer service department for a fast-paced service company.
- Active participation in the company growth strategy
- Ability to link client needs with Damco’s solutions portfolio
- Knowledge of the freight forwarding industry
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply