Nutrition Officer Job at Première Urgence Internationale,December 2016
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The association leads in average 190 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 5 million people in 20 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe and France.
Première Urgence Internationale is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
- The Nutrition Officer provides technical support to PUI activities in Nigeria, in order to strengthen capacity and quality of Community-Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) especially Out Patient Therapeutic Program (OTP) activities in our areas of intervention.
- Programs: He/She ensures that CMAM activities are in line with international and national recommendations. He/She provides technical support for the implementation of CMAM activities in the PHC and MHT in collaboration with the program managers.
- Representation: He/She represents the association before partners, authorities and local actors involved in Nutrition when required.
- Safety: He/She contributes to efforts aimed at ensuring compliance with safety rules at the site, and transmits all information relating to safety concerns to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Strategy: He/She contributes to the development of new interventions on the basis of identified needs.
- Human Resources: He/She provides capacity building and technical support on CMAM especially OTP to health staff at the PHC and MHT in collaboration with the program managers.
- Logistics and Administration: He/She ensures compliance of activities falling under his/her responsibility with logistical and administrative procedures.
Training and Experiences
- Registered Nurse
- Residency in Medicine
Knowledge and skills:
- Good writing skills
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Knowledge on CMAM and OTP guidelines
- Pack Office
Required Personal Characteristics
- Ability to work independently while keeping team spirit oriented behaviour
- Ability to withstand pressure
- Proactive and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to work and manage issues professionally and with maturity
- Ability to integrate the local environment into operations, in its political, economic and historical dimensions
- Open-minded & diplomatic skills
- Analytical & Strategic skills
- Capacity of organization and management of priorities
- Required: English
- Desirable: French
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract – 4 months
- Minimum duration of commitment: 4 months
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
- Starting date: November 2016 Salaire / Indemnité
- Monthly gross income: from 1 815 up to 2 145 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Resume and Cover Letter) to “Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer” for Expatriates at: email@example.com with the following subject “NutOff-NGA”
Application Deadline 31st December, 2016.