Job for a Quality Engineer at Cummins Nigeria 2016
Cummins Inc. – A global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
Cummins is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Engineer
- Applies the principles of product quality planning, evaluation, and control in support of the manufacturing and installation operations of the organization.
- Responsible for applicable systems related to plant customer issues such as corrective action requests, supplier corrective action requests, nonconforming material reports, etc.
- Leads containment activities.
- Facilitates continuous improvement quality activities to reduce the potential for defects, and ensures continual improvement in process and product design.
- Ensures products and process development meet quality standards.
- Identifies problems, prioritizes actions, leads or participates in Six Sigma projects.
- Participates in change management activities by verifying products and processes, developing key measures, and analyzing data for decision support.
- Conducts audits of processes and quality systems.
- Works with purchasing to improve the quality of purchased parts.
- Serve as a quality technical resource to other functional areas.
- Improve and maintain plant RFT score to 85% and above.
- Reduce and maintain plant Warranty and BIS to 15,000PPM and below.
- Reduce any quality disruption to production.
- Procure replacement parts for to mitigate production disruptions.
- Some technical knowledge for repairs of failed gensets
- Written And Verbal – Effectively expresses messages and ideas in a clear, organized and relevant manner for a variety of audiences.
- Develops organized, complete, and convincing communications. Conveys thoughts and ideas regarding a topic concisely and clearly.
- Uses appropriate style, grammar, and tone in informal and/or formal business messages. Reviews and edits written work constructively. Uses visual aids that are effective and appropriate for communication medium. Delivers messages with the desired effect.
- Prepares necessary support materials for meetings which may include agendas and/or pre-read documents. Uses appropriate tone and body language to deliver messages.
- Separates personal biases from fact. Expresses messages in a positive manner, focusing on strengths rather than weaknesses. Ability to use appropriate communication tools as needed (WebEx, Same Time, video conferencing, teleconferencing, Visio, MS Project, etc.).
- Ability to communicate without increasing either the employee’s or employer liability.
- Ability to communicate effectively to different levels of the organization.
- Communicates information at a level appropriate for the intended audience. Effectively presents messages to individuals and/or small and large groups.
- Ability to communicate appropriately for various time zones, differing cultures, and differing languages.
- Problem Solving And Quality Improvement:
- Problem Solving and Improvement approaches, including understanding of tools/process type and selection, plus Corrective and Preventive Action processes.
- Product Or Service Familiarization:
- Understanding of the product line or services of the specific business of which the person is a part (i.e., plant, performance cell, etc).
- Quality System Development, Implementation And Verification:
- Identify and integrate common elements such as design and process control, management responsibility, document control etc. Quality auditing planning, preparation and execution.
- Vpi (Value Package Introduction):
- Understanding of the Cummins VPI process, its phases, cross functional activities and responsibilities.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree required.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply