Business Development Manager Job at Urban Shelter Limited 2016
Urban Shelter Limited is a property development corporation with headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. With over 25 years of experience in property development and management, the company is a household name in the real estate industry in Nigeria. Urban Shelter Limited has to its advantage an immense reserve of resources and experience which give it the ability to effectively plan, develop and manage properties for private organisations, state and federal government establishments while strategically consolidating its activities across Nigeria, Dubai and the entire West African sub-region.
Urban Shelter Limited is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
- The Business Development Manager will work to improve the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth.
- This person defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- The Business Development Managers will head the sales department within the company. It is his/her job to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization.
- To achieve this, he/she will need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future. The Business Development Manager will also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive.
- He/she will be required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict clients’ future needs.
- The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. He/she must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
- He/she must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. He/she is also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
- The Business Development Managers will work with senior level management, marketing, and technical staff. He/she may manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for the company. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company.
- This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
New Business Development:
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- * Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- * Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning:
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
Management and Research:
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- The Business development management positions requires an MBA or MSc and 8-10 years of sales or marketing experience.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply