Massive recruitment at SOS Children’s Villages,December 2016
SOS Children’s Villages work in more than 133 countries to support families and help children at risk grow up in a loving home. In Nigeria, SOS Children’s Villages has been active since 1973 and has presence in Isolo-Lagos, Owu-Ijebu, Ogun State, Gwagwalada-Abuja, Jos-Plateau State, Ibadan-Oyo State and Kaduna-Kaduna State.
SOS Children’s Villages urgently require skilled individuals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Next Economy Youth Coach
Locations: Lagos & Plateau State
- The overview of the job role is to support the planning (including budgeting), implementation, and monitoring of the Next Economy Programme activities, in accordance with the organisation’s policies, strategies, and available resources.
- He/she will develop and maintain effective, professional relationships with youth and will work with relevant stakeholders to provide guidance, mentoring and counselling for young people to acquire the skills that meet the demands of the labour market and guide them during internships towards a ‘decent job’ or in starting up a promising business as an entrepreneur
- Strengthen youth social skills and facilitate access to youth employment
- coaching and support youth in identifying strengths and interests and to set SMART goals for success
- Provide social skills groups and provide case management services, including referrals to support youth and in developing stability and self-sufficiency.
- Support in development of sustainable youth business in coordination with the business incubation Hubs and the Programme development and strategy team
- Support in Youth capacity development and annual self-assessment, for project impact
- Bachelor degree in Human Services, Sociology, Social Work, Education, Youth and Community Development or related fields
- At least 4 years’ experience in youth development work
- Experience in guidance and counselling of young people
- 3 years of experience working with entrepreneurs and/or small-medium enterprises [SMEs] or self-employments
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective, professional relationships with youth and multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated success in working with youth, particularly in group settings
- Demonstrated effective communication
Job Title: Head of Schools/Education Coordinator
Locations: Plateau Abuja
- The overview of the job role is to plan and implement educational curriculum at the programme location in compliance with the national and organizational guidelines. He/she would be required to create an effective learning experience for pupils/students at the programme location in collaboration with all key stakeholders and build quality relationships with teachers and members of the community.
- Shape a vision of academic success for pulpils, create a climate hospitable to education, cultivate leadership in others, manage people, date and process as well as improving school leadership
- Craft and oversee the implementation of the long term strategic planning of the school by advising the location management team
- Oversee the assignment, evaluation, training, encouragement, discipline and inspiration of the teaching staff by leading and developing academic community of excellence in the programme location
- Research, oversee curriculum choices and development for the schools in line with stipulations of the organization and government academic policy and best practices
- Direct the daily affairs of the schools, build networks with like-minded institutions, maintain accurate school records and lead in the annual budgeting for the schools/other educational programmes
Job Title: Teacher
Locations: Lagos, Jos, Ogun & Abuja
- The job role is to plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
- Teach/develop the intellectual capacity of pupils/students
- Comply with the Federal or State’s scheme of work and the SOS Children’s School Manual/Policy
- Prepare lesson notes and teaching aids for every lesson to be taught
- Act as role model for the pupils/students
- Fulfil management and administrative duties
- NCE or BSC or B.Ed in Early Education
- At least 3 years teaching experience in a primary school
- Familiarization with the National Curriculum in early education and excellent knowledge of child development and latest education theories and practices
- Commitment to the School’s policies and procedures for safeguarding early education children
- Strong inter-personal, communication, organizational and IT skills
- Monitor, research and keep abreast of latest trends and best practices in early education
- Knowledge of Child’s Rights
Job Title: National Maintenance Coordinator
- The overview of the job role is to oversee all installation, repair and upkeep operations of the organization’s facilities.
- He/she will ensure that the colleagues have the best physical resources available to complete their duties according to budget
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation as well as oversee all installation, repair and upkeep of the organization’s facilities
- Monitor equipment inventory and expenses and control the budget for maintenance
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers, keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities and ensure health and safety policies are complied with.
- At least BSc/HND in Facility Management/ Engineering
- 3 years proven experience as maintenance coordinator or other supervisory role
- Strong background in planning maintenance operations, good understanding of technical aspects of building maintenance, plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems, etc
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently under pressure and meet deadlines
Job Title: Maintenance Officer
Locations: Ogun, Lagos, Jos and Abuja
- The overview of the role is to preserve the good condition and functionality of premises through varieties of maintenance activities like installation, painting, landscaping, etc
- Survey, plan and facilitate the maintenance of facilities
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs as necessary
- Perform manual repairs – locks, windows, etc and general upkeep procedures
- Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution and at least 3 years work experience in similar position
- Proven experience in facility maintenance
- Basic understanding of electrical, installation, painting and general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices as well as manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
Job Title: Psychologist
- The overview of this role is to work with children/youth, understudy their behaviours, emotions and feelings and research into best practices to helping children/youth deal with developmental challenges and live stable life as well as caregivers.
- Work with care-givers and relevant stakeholders to ensure the holistic development of children and youth
- Collaborate with relevant childcare duty-bearers on developmental and protection of children and youth in our sector
- Support in the design and implementation of child and youth care programmes of the organization
- Monitor trends and research best practices in the field of child/youth care for impact
- At least BSc degree in Psychology
- At least 5 years’ experience as counselling psychologist
- Good knowledge of social/development work
- Analytical, strong communication, people and problem-solving skills
- Good ICT skills
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
- The overview of responsibility of the M&E Coordinator is the collection and analysis of data to help ensure accountability and efficiency for all programs and projects at the location as well as support capacity building initiatives on grants writing and set up.
- Coordinate and align with the M&E strategy of the organization for enhanced programme impact at the location
- Strengthen and manage the location’s programme statistics for quality
- Support the National M&E Coordinator to strengthen the capacity of programme implementers at the location on M&E protocols and practice and to enhance performance outcome, impact and data quality in targeted thematic areas.
- Coordinate planning, review, monitoring, evaluation and reporting at the location.
- First degree in a related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in M&E activities for donor-funded and OVC initiatives
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in developing M&E systems and overseeing the collection and analysis of metrics.
- Awareness and understanding of Social Development issues such as the local and national OVC situation, gender, education, health, HIV & AIDS
- Demonstrated experience in managing programme databases, including the use of SPSS and other relevant ICT software packages
Job Title: Family & Child Development Coordinator
Locations: Ogun & Plateau
- The overview of this job role is to plan, organize, and implement the family and community partnership service area in line with the organizational requirements.
- He/she will work with key stakeholders to recruit and enroll children in the programme at the location and act as community liaison for the programme location.
- Provide social services and assistance to improve the social and psychological functioning of children/youth and their families and to maximize the family well-being and the academic functioning of children/youth
- Works with relevant stakeholders regarding issues of children/youth mental health, substance abuse, physical abuse, rehabilitation, social adjustment, etc
- BSc in Social Works or Psychology and at least 3 years cognate experience in same position or as social worker
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Familiarity with child development or early childhood education
- Understanding of the current state of social welfare, and concepts of empowering youths and adults as well as knowledge of community resources and social service system
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Locations: Abuja / Lagos
- The overview of the role is to improve a systematic and disciplined approach to effective risk management, control and governance processes within the organization.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Obtain, analyze, evaluate accounting documentation, identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with board, management and audit committee as well as document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions and engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- At least a BSc or HND in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or other related fields
- At least 5 years cognate experience in similar position
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High analytical skills, sound judgement and attention to detail
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
Job Title: Family Assistant
Locations: Abuja, Lagos, Ogun & Plateau
- The overview of the role is to support the SOS Parent in caring for children/youth in an alternative care setting.
- Supports the SOS Parent in caring for children/youth in line with laid down standards
- Implement household chores and support in modelling the way for children/youth
- Relieve the SOS parent during vacations/off duties
- Minimum of Senior School Certificate Examination [SSCE]/OND.
- Strong child care skills
- At least 2 years working experience with children
- Strong written and verbal communication
Job Title: SOS Parent [Professional Parent]
Locations: Abuja, Lagos, Ogun & Plateau States
- The overview of this role is to care for children in an alternative care setting by nurturing the children/youth to become responsible and wholesome individuals that are able to succeed in life.
- Create a home and lead his/her SOS family to ensure the well-being of children through proper parenting skills
- Develop his/her own well-being and perform household work
- Guide children to take responsibilities and interact with and contribute to the community
- At least Ordinary National Diploma [OND] in Humanities, Business Administration, Home Economics, Finance, Development, Education and Psychology or related fields
- 2 years of work experience in a childcare or youth focused organization
- Good knowledge of child and youth development, human behaviour, social and business environment
- Demonstrated track record of strong parental skills, ability and creativity for imparting knowledge to children/young adults
- Demonstrated track-record of leadership, self-motivation in any discipline as well as Knowledge of child protection and child’s rights
- Resilience – for coping with difficult situations and challenging cases especially with children and young adults
- Good knowledge of basic corporate applications and emailing
Job Title: Head of Fund Development & Communication
Locations: Abuja & Lagos
- The overview of responsibility of the Head of FDC is to effectively manage the FDC department to increase funding and sponsorship opportunities by providing strategic direction which includes corporate fundraising; individual fundraising; local and international sponsorships; institutional partnership development; marketing and communications and data management and analysis.
- Define, implement and fulfil the middle-term FDC strategy in line with the National Strategic Plan; conduct research and analyze trends to conceptualize and formulate innovative ideas for new opportunities for the FDC department
- Position the organization as a strong and consistent brand among existing and potential supporters in line with the vision, mission and values of the organization
- Shape, manage and drive the implementation of an effective outreach and communication campaign to educate and cultivate community support for our brand and improved visibility
- Manage fundraisers’ targets and activities monthly, compile and submit FDC reports as well as provide input into the annual budget through feasibility calculations
- Provide strong leadership and direction to team, set medium to long-term goals/objectives for teams, monitor implementation and foster national capacity building in all areas of fundraising
- At least a first degree in Marketing, Sales, Business Admin, International Business Development and a minimum of 10 years’ experience and 3-5 years managerial experience
- Understanding of NGO’s operations, best practices and market trends
- Understanding of the child and youth development principles [acquire on the job]
- Knowledge of programmes in an NGO environment, strong negotiation, communication and networking skills and knowledge of relevant Nigerian legislation
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and craft successful funding proposals
- Experience with website and newsletter production and message development
- Understanding of ethical behaviour and business practices and especially in relation to work with OVC
- Strong computer skills – competent with MS office suite, WordPress, Photoshop and design/layout software
Job Title: Driver
Locations: Plateau, Abuja & Lagos
- Conveying materials, equipment, children/youth as well as staff of the organization to the areas where they are required.
- Inspect the vehicles and perform basic maintenance as changing the oil, refueling the car(s), changing the batteries, and checking and repairing some minor issues
- Recognize electrical or mechanical faults in the vehicles and reports to maintenance personnel as appropriate
- Ensure vehicles are constantly kept perfect and clean.
- Minimum of Senior Secondary School Certificate [SSC] or General Certificate Exam [GCE]
- Valid Driver’s license with minimum of 5 years work experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must be safety conscious, focused, confident, and observant
Job Title: Family Based Care / Alternative Care Coordinator
Location: Ogun State
- Overview of the job role is to work in collaboration and continuous partnership with key stake-holders to promote quality alternative care for children and youth at the programme location
- Create and implement programmes and activities to promote the children/youth social, physical, mental and emotional well-being within the programme location
- Adhere to the implementation of rules and consequences to ensure proper behaviour and safety of children/youth
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to build the capacity of caregivers within the programme location
- Coordinate and maintain parent mentor and orientation programs
- conduct research and analyze new trends to supporting child/youth and formulate innovative ideas for new opportunities for child support
- Recruiting new children to the programme in line with established policies and procedures and adhere to government and organizational regulations and standards on childcare
- At least BSc degree in Psychology, Social Works or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar position
- Good knowledge of social/development work
- Analytical, strong communication, people and problem-solving skills
- Good ICT skills
- Interpersonal and mediation skills
Job Title: Trainees, Interns & Volunteers are welcomed in the following areas:
- Programme Development
- Brand & Communication
- Fund Development & Communication
- Human Resources & Organizational Development
- General Administration
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th December, 2016.