Marie Stopes International Job in Lagos for a Laboratory Scientist 2016
Marie Stopes International Organization Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
Marie Stopes International is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist
Location: Lagos Nigeria
Reporting to: Centre Coordinator
- The Laboratory Scientist will be responsible for providing high quality laboratory services that meet the needs of all clients visiting the clinic.
- He/she will be responsible for collecting and analysing body fluids, tissue and other substances to determine normal or abnormal findings using sophisticated equipment and instruments to identify the results.
- This involves processing laboratory tests that doctors count on to correctly diagnose and treat patients.
- Create a friendly, professional and efficient atmosphere for all clients and visitors to the laboratory to ensure client satisfaction at all times.
- Provide timely and accurate result
- Ensure cervical smear specimens are stored and packaged correctly for transportation to the approved cytology/pathology laboratory
- Maintain accurate records of all tests performed and the result of such tests
- Assist to provide counselling on core MSION Clinical services in the Laboratory.
- Able to sign off on a lab results and take responsibility when there is an error in diagnosis
- Liaise appropriately with the Council of Medical Laboratory Sciences of Nigeria and other relevant regulatory bodies during routine or periodic visits and assessments for QC standards
- Maintain laboratory equipment (including calibration) in a proper working condition and prompt report of any malfunction to the centre coordinator.
- Keep record of stock, perform forecasts and ensure reagents and other laboratory consumable do not fall below minimum level
- Perform regular Quality control on laboratory reagents after supply and before use
- Ensure specimen are obtained in the appropriate manner
- Carry out any other lawful duties assigned by the Centre Coordinator.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have a recognised clinical qualification in Medical Laboratory Science.
- Must be registered with a recognised local clinical professional body in Nigeria and of good standing
- At least 1year post-graduation experience working in a similar role [ESSENTIAL]
- Experience of working in a clinical environment [ESSENTIAL]
- Outstanding computer skills (Microsoft Word, excel, power point). [ESSENTIAL] **
- MUST be licenced and have a valid practicing licence
- Must have requisite experience to work with minimum supervision
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s and suitability statement as a single attachment to: email@example.com
- The subject of the email should be the Position Title/Location and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
Application Deadline 23rd December, 2016.