Accountant Job in Lagos at Terragon Limited,December 2016
Terragon Limited, an Integrated New Media and Mobile Content company based in Lagos, Nigeria with presence in Ghana, Kenya, India, UK and Mauritius currently seeks to employ a: Senior Accountant . The Group prides itself as a new media business focused on Africa. It has built a strong competence across the new media ecosystem comprising mobile, online and content.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities and follow up on and collect payments
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with GAAP which Satisfy both internal and external financial reporting requirements
- Perform other duties as required
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Review all inter-company transactions and ensure reconciliations are up till date
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the CFO’s attention
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted and actual results.
- Collect and analyse financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data
- Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Report the weekly progress of the business toward the monthly established goals
- Facilitates month-end and year-end closing activities including journal entries, account reconciliations, and other general financial analysis
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, from an accredited university required
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability of relate well with all customers and peers.
- Ability to prioritize and organize to maximize quality, value, and service.
- Possesses and applies fundamental accounting and financial concepts necessary to analyze financial position of the organization.
- Remain current on all financial regulations and standards
- Minimum of 4 years audit/accounting experience required.
- Prior experience and knowledge in the use of software packages such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and most importantly SAP.
- Extensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of GAAP.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Enthusiasm and high level of job interest.
How to Apply
Applicants should forward their CVs and cover letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted